Dom»Italian sausage and pasta sauce with paprika
go to the recipe
go throughkill the thyme//22 maja 2023 r
This rich and flavorful Italian sausage pasta sauce is loaded with vegetables for a well-balanced meal.
Sausage and pepper in one
Rich I always mark with chalkhold on to the ribsBolognese is more of a cold meal, but this one is different.
Something about shredded Italian sausage, peppers and zucchini makes this dip perfect for the warmer months.
We've always loved the sausage and paprika here - but until now we've just mixed them togetherin the pan,by bike, Lubon pizza.
So it's time to make the combination sing with noodles!
How to cook Italian sausage for pasta
First, brown the minced sausage in the pan. Once the sausage is cooked, remove it with a slotted spoon and set aside.
When the remaining sauce has combined, stir in the sausage, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- olive oil
- grated italian sausage
- Green pepper
- Chicken broth
- canned dried tomatoes
- fresh parsley
- sea salt and ground black pepper
How to make pepperoni pasta sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. When it heats up, add grated sausage and break it up while cooking.
- Remove the cooked sausage from the bowl with a slotted spoon, leave the juice in the bowl and set aside.
- Add the onion, pepper, zucchini and parsley to the pot and mix. Add plenty of salt and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic and stir, cook for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the tomato paste and chicken broth into the pot and mix well so that everything is combined with the tomato paste.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and finally put the sausage back into the pot.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Cook the chopped sausage, then remove it from the pan.
- Fried vegetables.
- Add tomato paste and broth.
- Stir to combine.
- Place the sausage back in the pan, then add the tomato sauce.
Recipe Tips + Tips
- If you have parmesan in the fridge, now is the time to use it! Add the Parmesan rind to the sauce, cover and simmer to enrich the sauce.
- Any variety of pasta goes well with this sauce, but the best pastas for such a hearty sauce are those that are fatty and chewy. We like to use lasagne or penne.
- You can replace zucchini with any kind of zucchini, or you can use chopped mushrooms!
- If you want to add heat, use hot pepperoni and add peppers at your leisure.
- Red, orange or yellow peppers can be substituted with green peppers, but they are all sweeter, so they add some sweetness to the flavor profile.
- We like to serve it with a big piece of burrata! The creaminess really cuts through the richness of the sauce and provides a nice balance. You can also use ricotta or mozzarella.
Useful tools for this recipe
Have you ever made this recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a STAR Rating and commenting your feedback below!
You can also show off your work on Instagram by tagging @killing__thyme
Other Sausage Recipes You'll Love
- Sausage and paprika on bread
- Dinner with dumplings and sausage
- Turkey sausage and paprika in a pan
- Pizza with sausages and roasted red peppers
Get the recipe:
Italian sausage and pasta sauce with paprika
Preparation time:10minute minute
cooking time:45minute minute
total time:55minute minute
This rich and flavorful Italian sausage pasta sauce is loaded with vegetables for a well-balanced meal.
print the prescriptionRate the recipespin cookbook
- 1 soup spoon olive oil
- 1 pound grated italian sausage,Mild or hot, it's up to you!
- 1 give diced garlic
- 1 give diced green pepper,You can substitute red, orange or yellow, but these varieties are sweeter and will sweeten the sauce a bit.
- 1 give Cut the zucchini into cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 2 soup spoon Ketchup
- 1/2 give Chicken broth
- 28 whenever 1 can of tomato puree
- fresh parsley
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 pound Pasta - Something fatty and chewy like lasagna or pasta is recommended
- 8 whenever burrata, split (optional)
- ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
When the oil is hot, put the minced sausage in the pan. Use a spatula or meat grinder to break it into pieces while cooking.
After cooking, remove the sausage from the pan with a slotted spoon; leave it aside.
Add the onion, bell pepper, zucchini and parsley to the pot. Sprinkle with plenty of salt and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
Pour the tomato paste into the pot, then add the chicken broth; mix well until the tomato paste is dissolved in everything.
Pour the tomato paste into the pan, then stir in the sausage.
Cover and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes.(Video) How To Make Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta
- Add the Parmesan rind to the sauce before covering and cooking. This will enrich the taste of the sauce!
- You can replace the zucchini with any type of zucchini or use chopped mushrooms if you like.
- Use spicy Italian sausage and add chili flakes for flavor.
- Optional, but adding burrata pieces will reduce the saturation of the sauce and provide a good balance. Other options are ricotta or mozzarella.
Serve:0,5give,Calorie:157kcal,carbohydrates:6G,protein:8G,mast:11G,Saturated fat:4G,Polyunsaturated fats:2G,Monounsaturated fats:4G,cholesterol:27mg,sodium:624mg,Potassium:198mg,fiber:1G,sugar:2G
Posted on: food,Main course,Spaghetti,pork,sausage // 6 comments
« Previous postA basic recipe for creamy mashed potatoes
Next post » A refreshing recipe for a classic margarita
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam.Find out how your review data is processed.
Kara Campbell— answer
I usually use ground beef or pork for any meaty pasta sauce - but this sausage is amazing! Very tasty!
What a hearty and healthy pasta recipe! Can't wait to do it again!
Wow, I fell in love with the color and flavor of this pasta sauce! Thank you!
This pasta sauce is delicious! I doubled the recipe and will freeze the excess so I have dinners ready for the week!
Enzymatic immunoassay— answer
I love this recipe. Simple and delicious. Thank you for sharing :)
Dina in Bruce Miller— answer(Video) Spicy Pasta Sauce With Sausages & Sweet Peppers - Chris De La Rosa
Cholera! What a brilliant idea to add vegetables to this sauce! We did everything on the dinner list. Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!
6 comments on "Italian sausage and pasta sauce with paprika"
Should I cook sausage before putting in sauce? ›
Ground meatballs, Italian sausage, pork, or ox tail, can all be put directly into the sauce raw as long as you are cooking the sauce until the meat is cooked. I cook my sauce for approximately 4-6 hours.How do you tone down hot Italian sausage? ›
A squeeze of lemon or lime juice or a little vinegar can help cut through spiciness. Acidic foods tone down the spiciness in foods and can add some flavor, making this a good trick for seafood dishes or creamy soups and chowders.What to serve with spicy sausages? ›
A rice dish can also make an ideal companion alongside hot Italian sausage. But instead of serving a simple rice dish, you can serve Parmesan risotto, an Italian staple. You can use vegetable or chicken stock to add more flavor to the dish.What do Italians eat sausage with? ›
Italians consume salsiccia all year round, they eat it as the main dish, as a sandwich filling, atop traditional pizzas, or incorporated in pasta sauces or casseroles.Should I poke holes in Italian sausage before cooking? ›
Although pricking them reduced the possibility of the sausages exploding, this is an unnecessary step when you cook sausages of high quality. Furthermore, much of the juices will seep out resulting in a dryer, less tasty sausage.Is it better to cut Italian sausage before or after cooking? ›
Slicing uncooked sausage is easier if you put it in the freezer first. This will also help the sausage retain moisture while cooking. Preparing uncooked sausage coins will give an added bonus of having a mouthwatering, caramelized texture on each side of the sausage.What makes sausages taste better? ›
Seasonings, spices, and herbs are added to give the sausages extra flavour. Small pieces of cooked apple, caramelised onions or other ingredients that pair well with pork can also be added to create interesting varieties.Do you drain grease from Italian sausage? ›
Remove sausage meat from casings. In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage on medium-high 10–12 min., until sausage is browned and crumbled, using a spatula to break up meat. With a slotted spoon, transfer sausage from skillet, discarding any rendered fat.Can you overcook Italian sausage? ›
That said, the rules of cooking meat still apply to sausages: You do not want to overcook them. Here's what's going on inside your sausage as it cooks: Under 120°F (48.9°C): The meat is still considered raw. Eat your sausage now and it'll taste more wet and mushy than juicy and bouncy.What's the difference between sausage and spicy Italian sausage? ›
The main difference in Italian sausage when compared to other sausages is the seasoning. The particular ingredient that usually sets Italian sausage apart is fennel. This is a licorice scented herb that gives Italian sausage its unique taste that is different than other types of sausage.
How long do Italian sausages take to cook? ›
Italian Sausages in the oven: 350 degrees F, 25 minutes. Italian Sausages on the grill – Medium heat, 12-16 minutes (6-8 mins per side) In a skillet – Medium heat, 12-16 minutes (6-8 mins per side)Is spicy Italian sausage the same as hot? ›
Italian sausage — shocker — is the pork sausage you add to pasta sauces. It comes in a sweet (the same thing as mild) Italian variety, which is primarily flavored with fennel and garlic. Hot Italian sausage contains the same spices, but with a shake or two of chile pepper.What are the best toppings for Italian sausage? ›
Italian Sausage Topping Ideas
The best toppings for sausage sandwiches are sautéed onions, grilled peppers, scallions, and mozzarella cheese. Herbs and garnish like parsley, basil, and oregano are good. Condiments like mayonnaise, garlic butter, balsamic glaze are also good toppings.
The most common varieties marketed as "Italian sausage" in supermarkets are hot, sweet, and mild. The main difference between hot and mild is the addition of hot red pepper flakes to the spice mix of the former. The difference between mild and sweet is the addition of sweet basil in the latter.What is the white stuff in Italian sausage? ›
It's mold. Yup, you read that right. The powdery stuff on your salami is mold, but it's the good kind of mold, and it's completely edible.What to serve with grilled Italian sausage? ›
The best side dishes to serve with Italian sausage are polenta, grilled vegetables, garlic bread, Caprese salad, pasta salad, risotto, roasted potatoes, Caesar salad, focaccia bread, an antipasto platter, sauteed spinach, stuffed mushrooms, tomato and onion salad, white beans and escarole, and marinated artichokes.Do they eat sausage and peppers in Italy? ›
Sausage and Peppers is a classic Italian street food. Links of Italian sausage are browned and served with assorted bell peppers and onions. You can use sweet sausage, spicy sausage or a combination of both.Do you eat the casing on Italian sausage? ›
Sausage casings hold and shape the meat and spices inside to keep it all contained. Johnsonville casings come in natural and synthetic varieties, all of which are edible. Basically, decasing a sausage gives you access to the meaty goodness inside, allowing you to use the ground meat for other recipe ideas.Do you have to peel casing off Italian sausage? ›
What is this? For the most part, sausage casings are typically edible, so you don't need to take the casing off before cooking. It is better to leave the casing on while cooking as it helps to keep the sausage moist and juicy.How do you add Flavour to bland sausages? ›
Adding brown sugar adds a caramelized flavor to your sausage. Garlic comes in many formats—fresh or dried, diced, or powder. Garlic is a standard if you're looking for a soft, spicy, and sweet kick in your sausage. After one bite, you'll see why this flavorful and aromatic spice is a winner in sausage making.
What is the distinctive flavor in Italian sausage? ›
Fennel is the spice that gives Italian sausage its Italian flavor. Often the fennel is a mixture of whole or cracked fennel seed and ground fennel. The whole or cracked fennel seed will help to give good visibility to the spice while the ground fennel will contribute a very distinctive fennel flavor.What is the flavor profile of Italian sausage? ›
Fennel or anise: The main flavor within Italian sausage—and also the actually Italian salsiccia sausage—comes from the fennel or anise seeds that are mixed in with the pork. These are very distinctive flavors that separate Italian sausage from other comparable sausage types.