7 minutes of reading
iPhone is widely known for its smooth, stable and error-free operation. However, even the best products sometimes have flaws and unfortunately the mobile giant is no exception. iPhones sometimes have problems that frustrate users. For example, an iPhone app may get stuck waiting to be installed.
In this article, I will provide a step-by-step and easy guide on how to fix iPhone app stuck on standby.
This problem usually occurs when you download an app from the App Store and the app freezes while downloading. The download will not be completed or cancelled. If that sounds like what you're dealing with right now, keep reading.
I will teach you how to deal with issues like iPhone apps stuck in "Waiting" state after restoring, uploading or downloading. Let's first consider why iPhone apps stuck in "waiting" state.
Why is my app stuck in standby mode?
This should be the first question you should ask before trying to apply any tweaks. In fact, several factors may account for this. Let's consider some important reasons:
- There is not enough space on the phone: If your iPhone's memory is full, there will be no space to download additional apps, so the app you are trying to download may get stuck in waiting mode. To fix this problem, delete some apps from your phone to make room for new ones.
- Internet connection problems: If you have a poor or no internet connection, the app will not be downloaded to your iPhone. To resolve this issue, turn on your data connection. You may also need to move toAn area with a strong internet connection.
- Apple server problem: Sometimes an issue with Apple's servers can cause an app to get stuck in a pending state. In this case, you should wait for Apple to troubleshoot the server.
- iPhone setup issues: Incorrect setting on iPhone can also cause apps to get stuck in standby mode. Make sure your device settings are configured correctly.
- iPhone error: Some unknown bug may cause your iPhone app to get stuck in pending state after uploading or downloading. In this case, restart your iPhone or followSoftware updateThis may help resolve the issue.
- systemic conflict: There may be a conflict between the app you are trying to download and the system on the new iPhone you are transferring to. Check for known compatibility issues or try reinstalling the app.
Fix "My iPhone app is stuck pending" while downloading
Try the methods below to fix iPhone apps stuck waiting to download.
- check network connection: Your iPhone needs a stable internet connection to download and install apps. If the connection is unstable or unavailable, the iPhone app may get stuck in "Waiting" state while downloading. Whether you're using mobile data or Wi-Fi, make sure you have internet access before downloading the app. To check your network connection, follow these steps:
- turnairplane mode onITo leaveRefresh the network connection. If connected via Wi-Fi, try restarting the router. Solve network errors by going toSettings > General > Move or Reset iPhone, then tapRestart network settings. "Note that this will also delete saved Wi-Fi passwords. After doing this, check that the pending application is running.
- Restart app download: While it's not guaranteed to work, it's worth trying to pause and resume app downloads. This will cause your device to download the app again. To do this, clickDownload iconWhen downloading an app to your device. This will pause the download. Tap the same icon again to resume the download.
- Prioritize pending app downloads: Your iPhone apps may be paused because they are temporarily unable to download updates. You should prioritize pending app downloads to force your device to download the selected app before other apps. To prioritize pending app downloads:
- Press and holdapplication iconon the home screen.
- click "Download priority. "
My iPhone app is stuck waiting for upload
Try the following methods to fix iPhone apps stuck after uploading.
- Check iPhone storage: Sometimes, freeing up space on iPhone can solve "iPhone stuck waiting after downloading app" issue. If the memory is full, the phone may not allow you to download new applications. To free up memory space, follow these steps:
- Clicksethome page icon. Select in settingsGenerally.getiPhone storageCheck available space on your device. If you don't have enough space to download new apps, consider deleting apps or other files to free up space. You can also remove an app directly from the home screen by pressing and holding the app icon and then selecting the delete button.
- Change iPhone language: I know it may sound weird, but some iPhone users have solved "iPhone app stuck waiting to install" issue by simply changing iPhone language. You should try it too. To change the language on iPhone:
- Clickseticon on the iPhone home page.
- to chooseGenerally.
- touchlanguage and region.
- then clickiPhone language.
- Select any other language you know, wait a few minutes, then switch back to your previous language.
- Sign out and sign in to the App Store: Please note that your iPhone will not download the app until you are properly logged into the App Store. If you are not logged in properly, you may have problems downloading iPhone apps after restoring from a backup. So make sure you are logged into the App Store or try logging out and back in.
Fix my iPhone app stuck pending after installing the app
Try the methods below to solve "iPhone app stuck waiting" after installation.
- kill the app: Ideally, iOS apps should work as intended. However, if you experience problems with the app, close it and restart it. To exit the app on iPhone:
- accessiOS task switcherLubmultitaskingdouble clickstart button.
- You will see a list of currently running applications. Swipe up the preview of the app you want to remove from the list and cancel the process.
- Check Apple system status: Apple servers can experience downtime, which can cause issues with iOS apps. To find out if this is the case, checkApple system status page.You can check the status of each Apple service on the website. Services that are running normally will have a green dot next to them. If there is a gray dot next to the service you are having trouble with, your phone is fine and you just need to wait for the affected server to recover.
- Reset iPhone settings: If you've been using your iPhone for a long time without resetting, the problem with iPhone apps stuck in "waiting" state after downloading may be due to various settings you accidentally changed over the years.
Time needed:1 minute.
To resolve this issue, reset all settings. Well, this:
- to gosetapp.
(Video) How to recover your suspended AZAR account, 3 METHODS for ANDROID and IPHONE
- scroll down and selectResetting.
- to chooseReset all settings.
Other general fixes for "My iPhone app is suspended"
- Restart iPhone: Restarting or rebooting your phone can be a simple and effective troubleshooting step, especially if the problem is caused by a bug. Restarting your device may also help to resolve other minor issues. Follow these steps to restart your iPhone:
- Press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds until you see the Apple logo.
- Once it's completely turned off, press and hold the power button again to turn it back on. After restarting, restart the application.
- Update iOS: Check for important iOS updates for your iPhone. If the iOS version is not up to date, the app may behave incorrectly. To update iOS:
- Clickicon elementon the home screen.
- to goGenerally.
- Scroll down to Software Update and see if you are prompted to install major updates.
- Update the app: To update the app, just go to the App Store and select "Update". This will allow you to check if updates are available for any of your apps. By running the latest version of your app, you can provide the best user experience and minimize issues.
- A factory reset will erase all data and settings from your iPhone. Only perform a hard reset if you have tried other methods unsuccessfully and are familiar with the process. Back up your iPhone data before proceeding. To restore factory settings:
- openseticon on the home screen.
- to goGenerally>Resetting.
- to choose"Delete all content and settings. "
Why are my apps stuck after transferring to a new iPhone?
In our time, transferring data from old iPhone to new iPhone is often a simple task during the installation process. However, sometimes some apps remain in a "pending" state after the transfer is complete.
There are several possible reasons for this problem. Some common factors include poor network connection, faulty iPhone, lack of storage space, and system crash.
Frequently asked questions
Why does the app icon say "Waiting"?
When you update iPhone apps from the iOS store, they are placed in the update queue and their status changes to "Pending". Usually this process goes smoothly. However, sometimes iPhone apps stop in standby mode. This can be due to various reasons such as connection issues, insufficient storage, application errors, Apple server status, or iOS updates.
How to unlock locked iPhone apps?
The steps to try to unlock a locked iPhone app are: check your internet connection to make sure you are connected and stable, restart your iPhone, prioritize pending app downloads, pause iPhone app updates or installs, check device storage and free up if full, sign out and sign in with your Apple ID, delete and reinstall locked apps, reset iPhone settings and update iPhone to the latest software version.
Why isn't WhatsApp downloading to my iPhone?
This is most likely because your iPhone does not have enough space to download and install WhatsApp. To check if you have enough space for your iPhone, go to the Settings icon on the home screen, tap General and select iPhone Storage. If you don't have enough space to download new apps, consider deleting apps, photos, music, or other files to free up space.
at the end
I know it can be very frustrating if an iPhone app gets stuck in a "waiting" state. We are glad that you were able to solve the problem with the methods mentioned in this article.
Why is my iPhone app suspended? ›
When an application has been working in the background for long periods of time, the system moves the application to this state automatically. Please open the app, (foreground mode) as frequently as possible to avoid suspended mode.What is a suspended app on iPhone? ›
"Suspended: The app is in the background but is not executing code. The system moves apps to this state automatically and does not notify them before doing so. While suspended, an app remains in memory but does not execute any code.What does it mean when an app is suspended? ›
Inactive means that the app is still running in the foreground but it's not receiving events. Backgrounded: In this state, your app is not in the foreground anymore but it is still able to run code. Suspended: Your app enters this state when it's no longer able to run code.What is the difference between suspended and terminated iOS? ›
Suspended: App is in memory, but run loops and processing is paused. Terminated: App is not running or in memory, has been quit either by user (force quit) or OS (to free up memory) or was never launched.Why has my App Store been suspended? ›
If you have an outstanding, unpaid bill, expect that your account has been disabled in the App Store. This often happens with disputed charges that have gone on for a long time, or when there are issues with a gift card that cause you to owe money for an app or service. Plain 'ol security.Does suspend mean delete? ›
When you suspend an account, the user's: Email, documents, calendars, Currents posts, and other data aren't deleted.How long does being suspended last? ›
Suspensions are normally temporary and bans are permanent. Suspensions usually last from one to seven days; but staff can make them longer at their discretion (depending on the offense).Why is my account showing suspended? ›
Website hosts often suspend websites for a myriad of reasons ranging from malware to spam. They suspend websites when needed to protect their servers that host tons of other websites, so they don't get infected too.What can cause a process to be suspended? ›
Whenever the processes in main memory are entered into the blocked state, the operating system suspends one process by putting it in the Suspended state and transferring it to disk. The free space present in the memory is used for bringing another process.How do you reset an app without deleting it? ›
- In Android Settings, tap on Apps or Apps & notifications. ...
- Tap on Apps again. ...
- The list of apps installed on your Android device. ...
- Tap Storage. ...
- Tap Clear Data. ...
- Confirm the removal of the app's data and settings. ...
- On Chrome's Storage page, tap Manage Space.
Can I reinstate an app? ›
You can use apps that you bought on Google Play on any Android device without the need to pay again. Each device must be signed in to the same Google Account. You can also reinstall an app that you bought but deleted. Also, if you turn off an app that comes with your device, you can turn it back on.How do I get an app to work again? ›
- Force Stop Apps. If an app has failed to start correctly or ran into an issue afterward, it may fail to open again. ...
- Clear the App Cache and Data. ...
- Reinstall WebView Updates. ...
- Update All Apps. ...
- Update Android Software. ...
- Try Safe Mode. ...
- Remove Recently Installed Apps. ...
- Perform A Factory Reset.
When something is suspended, it is "left hanging;" it is neither in full operation nor permanently ended.What is the difference between suspend and delete? ›
If you suspend a user then they remain in your organization. If you remove them then they are no longer in the organization. Thank you @Brant Schroeder .What happens after suspend? ›
During the suspension, the service of an employee is not permanently deprived. The employee still continues to be a member of the service in spite of the order of suspension. Further, during the period of his suspension, the employee is paid with allowance known as “suspension allowance” or subsistence allowance.How do I Unsuspend my App Store account? ›
You can find it on your iPhone: Go to Settings > Your Name > iTunes Store and App Store > Tap your Apple ID > Tap iForgot. Then follow the instruction and unlock your Apple ID with your excising password or reset your password. For Two-Step Verification: If you use two-step verification, your recovery key is required.How do I close suspended apps on my iPhone? ›
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and hold.
- Scroll through your open apps using the onscreen roller.
- Swipe up on the app you want to close.
- Tap the display to return to the home screen or selected app.
A suspension is a temporary stoppage. If you receive one in school, you temporarily can't attend classes and if the referee gives you one, you have to sit out for the rest of the game.Does suspended mean stopped? ›
What does suspend mean? Suspend most commonly means to cause to stop, to bring to a stop, to withhold, or to postpone, as in The bank has suspended payments or All activities have been suspended until further notice.How long does temporarily suspended mean? ›
Temporary suspension means exclusion from a regular school program for an offense for a period of up to three (3) school days.
Is being suspended serious? ›
Suspension does not mean an employee has done anything wrong, and should not be used to discipline someone. Being suspended can be stressful for an employee, so it's important that employers: consider the wellbeing and mental health of anyone they're thinking of suspending.Does getting suspended affect you? ›
Depending on the grounds for the suspension and how it has changed you, it may not keep you from being accepted. What is this? A college may take into account your suspension. But do take note that it is not the only thing that the college admissions officers will consider when coming up with a decision.Does getting suspended affect your future? ›
Students who get suspended frequently are less likely to pass classes and state assessments, and this may also impact graduation rates.What does suspends account mean? ›
Account Suspension means your account will be placed on a 'hold' status, for whatever reason stipulated in these terms and conditions or any other terms and conditions applicable to your relationship with the Bank, and you will not be able to perform any transaction; Sample 1Sample 2Sample 3.How do I activate a suspended account? ›
At the top right, click Reactivate. Reactivate within a users column. If the Reactivate option isn't available, you must wait up to 24 hours before the limits are reset automatically. During this time, the user can still use other Google services.Can a suspended account be unsuspended? ›
If you think that your account was mistakenly suspended, you may be able to unsuspend it. Take steps to unsuspend your account. If you log in and see prompts that ask you to provide your phone number or confirm your email address, follow the instructions to get your account unsuspended.How do you resolve suspension? ›
A suspension in music is where a note from a chord is held whilst the other notes of the chord change to a new harmony. The held note is discordant and clashes with the new chord and this tension is only resolved when the note moves down a degree to a note belonging to the new chord.Can a process suspend itself? ›
A process can be suspended from the RUNNING, READY or BLOCKED state, giving rise to two other states, namely, READY SUSPEND and BLOCKED SUSPEND.How do I stop a suspended process? ›
First, find the pid of the running process using ps command. Then, pause it using kill -STOP <PID> , and then hibernate your system. Resume your system and resume the stopped process using command kill -CONT <PID> .Does resetting an app delete everything? ›
It will remove all personal data including installed apps. But your paid apps are connected to the Play Store so you'll be able to download them again. @Enyalius said: Factory RESET.
How do I reset my iPhone app data? ›
- Open the 'Settings' app on your iPhone.
- Scroll through the Settings and find the app you want to clear the cache of.
- Select the app and once again scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Now here you'll find a toggle named 'Clear temp data on next start'
- Open the App Store app.
- Tap the account button , or your photo or initials, at the top of the screen.
- Tap your name or Apple ID. ...
- Scroll down and tap Hidden Purchases.
- Find the app that you want, then tap Unhide.
- To return to the App Store, tap Account Settings, then tap Done.
You can restore content, settings, and apps from a backup to a new or newly erased iPhone.What causes an app not to work? ›
Below are some reasons why your apps are not working on Android: Bad app update. Insufficient memory and phone storage. Corrupted cache and app data.Why can't I open any apps on my iPhone? ›
Some of the main reasons your iPhone may refuse to open apps or turn off can be due to software issues, hardware problems such as your iPhone screen is damaged or the power button is not functioning properly.How do I reset my apps back? ›
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Tap the More menu () in the upper-right corner.
- Select Reset App Preferences.
Permanent Suspension means the occurrence and continuation of a Suspension for 12 consecutive months.
Sleep mode, sometimes called standby or suspend mode, is a power-sparing state that a computer can enter when not in use. The computer's state is maintained in RAM (random access memory).What is the difference between suspended and stopped? ›
the only difference is suspended is done by the system while stopped is initiated by the user.What is unfair suspension? ›
Unfair suspensions fall within the definition of “Unfair labour practice” as per section 186 (2) (b) of the Labour Relations Act, so employers are advised to exercise caution in deciding whether or not to suspend an employee from duty.
What is the difference between suspended and blocked? ›
Suspended means directly stopped. Blocked means indirectly stopped by something higher priority or intervening in access to some mutually accessible resource.What does it mean if you have been suspended? ›
Suspension is when an employer tells an employee to temporarily stop carrying out work. An employer should only suspend someone if it's needed. For example: suspending an employee while they carry out an investigation, if it's a serious situation and there's no alternative.How do I get rid of suspicious apps on my iPhone? ›
Remove suspicious apps
You can delete the suspicious app on your iPhone by pressing and holding the app icon. Several options will appear. Tap Remove app (or Delete App, depending on your version of iOS) and confirm by tapping Delete app.
- Click the start screen, and type msconfig. ...
- On the System configuration window, select the services tab.
- Click the box at the bottom, beside the hide all Microsoft services text.
- Click "Disable all" at the right side.
- Click Apply, then OK, and it will ask you to restart your computer so just click OK again.
'Force stopping' an app shuts it down entirely. This means that the app is unable to carry out any background tasks or processes and becomes entirely dormant until your start it again. A forced stop will also clear up the RAM space that was assigned to the app and its background tasks.Is force closing apps bad for iPhone? ›
Should I close apps on my iPhone when not using them? No. It takes a lot of power to close an app, it takes even more to open it up again. Doing this will reduce battery life, you're better off leaving them open, iOS has very good RAM management so most will stay open just fine.What causes suspended processes? ›
Whenever the processes in main memory are entered into the blocked state, the operating system suspends one process by putting it in the Suspended state and transferring it to disk. The free space present in the memory is used for bringing another process.Is getting suspended a bad thing? ›
Suspension can be perceived by students as a rejection, and this can lead to a lack of trust between students and their teachers. When students lose trust, they lose the benefits of forming the relationships that help them feel connected to their teachers and administrators.Does suspended mean permanently? ›
suspend verb (STOP)
to stop something from being active, either temporarily or permanently: The ferry service has been suspended for the day because of bad weather.
Suspension is often part of an organisation's disciplinary procedure, to allow an investigation to take place. Employees can be suspended for medical or health and safety reasons. You remain an employee and your employment rights continue while you are suspended.
How do you know if someone is secretly tracking your phone? ›
- Unknown Apps. When using your phone, you should look out for applications that you don't remember installing. ...
- Excessive Background Data Usage. Try to frequently monitor the background data usage of your device. ...
- Browser History Mismatch. ...
- Battery Drain. ...
- Abnormal Reboot.